Beyond Debt is a division of DCS Group (Aust) Pty Ltd
(ACN 123 770 267)
About this policy
This policy outlines the way in which DCS Group (Aust) Pty Ltd collects, manages, uses and discloses personal information.
We are committed to safeguarding privacy and recognise that individuals have a right to control how their personal information is collected and used.
Engaging DCS Group (Aust) Pty Ltd to provide you with services; communicating with us via email, by telephone, in writing; or visiting any of our websites means that you agree to the use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy.
Collection of your personal information
DCS Group (Aust) Pty Ltd collects personal information for our business operations.
- If you wish us to contact you, you will need to provide a name, contact number and/or email address.
- You will not have to disclose your name initially (or you can use a pseudonym), however we will only be able to provide you with very general information. We will need your name, address and contact details, as well as details of your income and financial situation, to provide a consultancy service to you.
- As a client of DCS Group (Aust) Pty Ltd, your personal information will only be collected and held if it is necessary for our operations and to provide you with a contracted service. Information will only be gathered:
- with your consent
- from you or your authorised representative, or from a person or entity where we have been given your written permission to act as an authorised representative
- from publically available sources
- Sensitive information (as defined in Section 6 of the Privacy Amendment Act 2012) will be requested only where it is reasonably necessary to comply with the current requirements for submission of the matter we are completing for you.
- Unsolicited personal information that is not a matter of public record, or could not have been collected from you, will be destroyed or de-identified as soon as practicable, as long as it is reasonable and lawful for us to do so.
- We request the contact details of an alternate contact point for operational purposes. It is your responsibility to check with the nominated person for permission to provide their contact details.
- Any personal information required from another party to support your application i.e. payslips will only be accepted with the written authorisation of the third party.
- Accessing this website means we may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- The only cookies in use on this site are for Google Analytics, which is a web analytics tool that helps us understand how visitors engage with our website. Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors.
- Submitting information on our site anonymously, i.e. when you use a calculator, will not provide a link back to a cookie which identifies you, or retain it in any way, unless we have your consent.
Using and disclosing your personal information
DCS Group (Aust) Pty Ltd will use your information for the following purposes only:
- to provide an initial consultancy service
- to fulfil our contractual obligations to you
- as authorised by you when dealing with third parties on your behalf
- as necessary to comply with submission requirements
- to provide you with, or ask your opinion of, information about our products, services and/or special offers that may be of interest to you
- to send you a newsletter
If you are receiving Direct Marketing communications (electronic or otherwise) from DCS Group (Aust) Pty Ltd and no longer wish to receive them, please advise us and your name will be removed from our mailing list.
Once a client of DCS Group (Aust) Pty Ltd, we may disclose your information to:
- your authorised representative/s
- credit reporting agencies where authorised by you to do so
- credit providers that you have had dealings with
- our professional advisers
- relevant Commonwealth agencies, State and Territory authorities
- other parties in line with operational needs
Information will only be disclosed where reasonably necessary for legal and contractual requirements, or where:
- disclosure is required by law
- where it is necessary to protect our or the public’s rights and/or property
- where there is reason to believe that there is a serious threat to a person’s health or safety
We will be unable to provide a service to you if you refuse to allow use or disclosure of information where it is reasonably necessary to do so.
Disclosure of information to overseas recipients
DCS Group (Aust) Pty Ltd will disclose information to overseas recipients only as necessary to provide the requested service e.g. as your authorised representative liaising with overseas creditors/government entities.
DCS Group will take such steps as are reasonable to ensure the overseas recipient either does not breach Australian Privacy Principles or is covered by a similar law or scheme.
Disclosure of government related identifiers
DCS Group (Aust) Pty Ltd will disclose government identifiers e.g. tax file number only where it is reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to an agency, State or Territory authority.
Accessing personal information
Access, updating or amending personal information is available by:
- emailing us at [email protected]
- contacting us via phone or fax on our advertised numbers
- writing to us at PO Box 3074, Newstead, QLD 4006
Your request will be actioned as soon as possible.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, we will take reasonable steps to do so except as required to satisfy our legal obligations and operational requirements.
Accuracy of information
DCS Group (Aust) Pty Ltd will take all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the personal information we have on file, however it is your responsibility to advise us of changes to information e.g. current address or contact number, or if you believe any of the information we hold about you is inaccurate.
Storage and security of your information
DCS Group (Aust) Pty Ltd will take all reasonable steps to secure the information we hold about you. Practices, procedures and systems have been implemented to ensure compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Personal information is stored on secure systems protected in controlled facilities.
All DCS Group (Aust) employees and sub-contractors handling personal and sensitive information have been trained in the Australian Privacy Principles. In addition service providers used by us must also be subject to the appropriate Privacy Principles.
DCS Group (Aust) Pty Ltd cannot guarantee the security of communications over the Internet. We cannot give an absolute assurance that your information will be secure at all times. DCS Group (Aust) Pty Ltd is not responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information where these events are outside our control.
We have no control over websites outside of our own sites, and are not responsible for the conduct of any companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information via any other websites, we strongly recommend that you read the terms and conditions of those websites.
DCS Group (Aust) Pty Ltd takes our commitment to the Australian Privacy Principles extremely seriously and will address all concerns that are raised with us.
If you believe that DCS Group (Aust) Pty Ltd has breached the Australian Privacy Principles, or you wish to make a complaint, please contact us via [email protected]. Your complaint will be recorded and investigated in line with our Complaints Process as detailed in this website and the requirements of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) with respect to breaches of the Australian Privacy Principles.
We will notify you of any changes to this policy by posting on our website, or as required by law.